Friday, July 8, 2016

Day 6 Trust Circle




Submitted by Juan Martinez
   
Today we accomplished a lot but the activity which impacted me the most was at the end of the day on the 11th floor of Tioga Dorm. We formed a circle with a rope in front of us. We trusted each other to support our weight as we planted our feet on the floor and then slowly leaned back. We were tugging the rope and eventually leaning so far back that we supported everyone else's weight. Similar to a trust fall, we were depending on each other while relying on the strength of the rope. We exercised teamwork and trust for all of the other people in the circle.


While still in the circle formation we sat down and talked freely about whatever we wanted. What we talked about was really our choice, it could have been personal or just anything we liked about the week. The rope formed a circle with a knot tying the two ends and whoever had the knot in front of him/her had the chance to talk without being interrupted. Once done that person would pass the knot to the next person and then they would have the chance to talk about whatever they wanted. This also involved trust and vulnerability as well because some people shared a part of their life that they probably had not told anyone and was very dear to their heart.
Intro teambuilding before the rope


This activity affected me in an emotional way because I opened myself up and addressed a topic that was very sad and brought back bad memories. The activity also made me feel safe because I knew I could trust my peers and speak freely about whatever, whether it was an embarrassing moment in my life or a very joyful moment of my life. I truly liked this activity and enjoyed it quite a lot.



Not the trust circle but definitely trusting when the captain let Juan drive the boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment